QUESTIONS ABOUT GIVING?
Click on the Giving FAQs below!
For further questions or assistance, please email email@example.com
+ How do I give to Foothill Church?
There are several ways to give to Foothill Church.
- By cash or check. For the most accurate record of these gifts, please use a Foothill Church Giving Envelope. Note that you can also give via credit/debit card by writing your info on the envelope, as well as set-up recurring gifts. These transactions are processed on the next business day after Sunday service. Envelopes are also postage-paid and you are welcome to take them home and mail them to the office at any time.
- By Text. Using a smart phone, text “Foothill” followed by the amount you want to give to 77977 (e.g. “Foothill 100”). For all subsequent gifts, simply text the amount to that same number (e.g. “100”) . Your default payment info will have been saved.
- Online. Go to: foothill.church/give and click the “Give Online” button to set-up a one-time or recurring gift using your bank account or credit/debit card.
- Foothill Church App. Download the app from the App Store or Google Play to give using your bank account, with your credit/debit card, using your checking account number, to give one-time or set-up a recurring gift.
+ What is the preferred way of giving to Foothill Church?
Using the Foothill Church App and giving with your bank account (ACH) is our preferred way for contributors to give. Foothill Church pays the least amount of processing fees with this method.
+ Is it safe to use my bank account number or my credit/debit card?
Yes. Foothill Church takes the safety and security of your information very seriously. No credit card or banking information is kept beyond initializing your authorized gift. All hard copies of giving records stored securely with limited access and only kept for 6 months before being shredded.
Foothill Church is also PCI compliant and is tested quarterly to ensure the utmost security.
We’ve outsourced the text-to-give, Foothill Church App, and online giving process to the professionals at Pushpay. The following statement is from Pushpay’s explanation of security:
The security of your personal information and data is incredibly important to Pushpay. With that in mind, Pushpay has intentionally designed the platform with your security in mind. Here are just a few explanations how:
- The unique payment links that you are making your payments through are held on our secure servers, which are monitored by our standards of security.
- Payment details are not held on your devices.
- Payment Method details are tokenized and are stored on industrial grade servers where this information is then encrypted. For this reason, Pushpay is considered significantly more secure than many current offerings including actually having a credit card physically present.
- If your phone is lost, no transactions can be made without your unique Passcode or finger print as opposed to current credit card theft.
“Pushpay has been built from the ground up with security at its core. We work with the best people in the industry to ensure our systems are secured with enterprise grade protection.” Chris Heaslip, Pushpay CEO
For more on Pushpay’s security, check out their Security & Compliance page.
+ How do I change the default payment method that is currently set-up on Text-to-Give, the Foothill App or my recurring gift?
You can make any change to your account by logging into Pushpay with your registered email and password and choose “Payment Methods” from the menu.
If a recurring gift was set-up using a Foothill Church Giving Envelope, email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from our office will call you to set-up any changes.
+ How will I receive a Giving Statement?
All giving records are stored securely in Foothill Connect. You can view your giving history or to download a giving statement for tax purposes at any time by setting-up a log-in username and password. Instructions to do this can be found here.
Gifts are typically recorded and listed in your Foothill Connect profile on the following schedule:
- Foothill Church Giving Envelope - 1 business day after Sunday services.
- Credit/Debit card - received 2 business days after the transaction is processed and recorded within 1 business day of the Sunday thereafter.
- ACH/Bank Account - received 6-7 business days after the transaction is processed and recorded within 1 business day of the Sunday thereafter.
In order to receive giving credit for IRS/Tax purposes, all cash or check gifts must be received or postmarked by December 31st of that tax year. All gifts using your bank account or credit/debit card must be processed by 11:59 pm of December 31st
+ Does Foothill Church pay fees when I give using my credit/debit card?
Yes. Foothill Church pays the following fees based on the amount of individual gifts:
- 1% of ACH/Banking Account (Recommended)
- 2% Debit Card (Percentage slightly varies depending on card type)
- 3% Credit Card (Percentage slightly varies depending on card type)
+ Can I designate my gift?
Yes. When you give online or via the Foothill Church App, or when you use Text-to-Give for the first time, you will have fund options to choose from (ie. General Fund, Missions/Outreach, Youth/Kids, etc.)
To designate your gift for subsequent Text-To-Give contributions, text “Foothill,” followed by the fund name, followed by the amount to 77977. (Example: Foothill Missions 50)
All active funds:
General Fund (For Text-To-Give use “Foothill [dollar ammount]”)
Missions Fund (For Text-To-Give use “Foothill [dollar ammount]”)
Youth/Kids Fund (For Text-To-Give use “Foothill [dollar ammount]”)
Building Fund (For Text-To-Give use “Foothill [dollar ammount]”)
Benevolence Fund (For Text-To-Give use “Foothill [dollar ammount]”)
Other Fund (For Text-To-Give use “Foothill [dollar ammount]”)
What are “Designated Gifts?” Designated contributions are those made to Foothill Church with the stipulation that they be used for a specified purpose. If the purpose is an approved project or program of the Foothill Church, the designation will not affect the deductibility of the contribution. However, if a donor stipulates that a contribution be spent on a designated individual, no deduction ordinarily is allowed unless Foothill Church exercises full administrative control over the donated funds to ensure that they are being spent in furtherance of the church’s exempt purposes. However, contributions to Foothill Church that specify a particular missionary may be tax-deductible if the church exercises full administrative and accounting control over the contributions and ensures that they are spent in furtherance of Foothill Church’s mission.
+ Foothill Church is ECFA Accredited. What is the ECFA?
ECFA stands for Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. ECFA-certified churches are committed to upholding the Seven Standards of Responsible Stewardship™, drawn from Scripture, are fundamental to operating with integrity. Accountability to God is vital, but people form their impressions of both people and organizations by looking at the outward appearances (1 Samuel 16:7). The seven standards can be found on the ECFA website: ecfa.church/standards
EACH ONE MUST GIVE AS HE HAS DECIDED IN HIS HEART, NOT RELUCTANTLY OR UNDER COMPULSION, FOR GOD LOVES A CHEERFUL GIVER.
2 Corinthians 9:7